EBYMBC Mishmosh Sailing – 14 May 2022

Crew: Geoff, Murray, Anastasia, Eduardo and Grant. Forecast: Northerly 20 knots, rising to 25 knots gusting 35 knots for a time in the afternoon and early evening. Grant, Eduardo, and Anastasia joined Geoff at Chaffers. The weather looked a bit rough with dark clouds and gusts up to 30 kts in the marina. We wondered... Continue Reading →

EBYMBC America Cup – 23rd April 2022

Crew: Malcolm, Murray, Marion and Geoff. Forecast: Variable 5 knots in the morning. Northerly 15 knots developing in the afternoon. Fine. With Geoff and Malcolm on board we departed Chaffers at 1025 hrs. The wind was under 5 kts but forecast to increase to a nice breeze for the race. Another beautiful Wellington day for... Continue Reading →

Southern Rose Delivery – 9 February 2022

Crew: Geoff, Peter, Murray, Colin. Forecast Variable 5 knots. Southerly 10 knots developing late morning, turning northeast 10 knots this evening. Sea slight. Mostly cloudy. Fair visibility in a few showers developing in the evening. Murray asked if we could assist him to deliver Juscinta's boat, Southern Rose, from Seaview back to Wellington. Her boat's... Continue Reading →

Return to Ward Island 16 Jan 2022

Crew: Geoff, Graciela, Jenny, Jono, Isabelle and Max. Forecast: Variable 5 knots. Becoming southeast 10 knots, but 15 knots about the south coast this morning. Becoming variable 5 knots but northeast 10 knots about the harbour in the evening. Sea slight. Fine.  Another wonderful trip to 'Treasure Island' with family. We were a bit worried... Continue Reading →

RPNYC Rum Race 14 January 2022

Crew: Geoff, Nina, Trey, Eduardo, Peter, Vivien.   Forecast: Southerly 15 knots, easing to southerly 10 knots but southeast 15 knots about the south coast this evening. Sea slight. Lovely evening for our first race of 2022. The RPNYC Rum Race was to start at 1815 hrs and announced as course #23 which is to Shoal... Continue Reading →

Mākaro/Ward Island – 4 Jan 2022

Crew: Geoff, Graciela, Louise, Nick, Lucas and Chelsea. Forecast: Variable 5 knots. Southerly 10 knots developing late morning. Sea slight. Fine with high cloud. We cast off from our berth at 1150 hrs and hoisted the mainsail and No. 2 jib. The southerly breeze was about 12 kts by the time we passed Pt Jerningham and... Continue Reading →

Website Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑